Text Size

Living outside the Netherlands

If you do not live in the Netherlands anymore, there are several matters that you must take into account. For instance, we no longer receive certain details from your municipality. It is important to submit your address details to the Non-residents Record Database (RNI)

Register your partner with us

You must register your partner at PME if you get married in a foreign country. That is important for the partner's pension that you are building up with us. Your partner could receive this pension when you pass away. Register your partner by sending a copy of your marriage certificate.

Man vrouw verhuizen

When you pass away

When you pass away, your surviving dependents must report this themselves to PME. We will then ask them to supply certain information, including a copy of the death certificate. Within 2 weeks of receipt, we will send them an application form for the partner's pension. If your partner meets the conditions, he or she will receive a partner’s pension from PME.

Your children will in any event receive an orphan’s pension until they reach the age of 18. If your child is studying or following vocational training, the benefit will stop when your child reaches the age of 27. You will find the amount of the partner's and orphan's pension at My PME. You will also see this on your Uniform Pension Overview (UPO).