Skip to main content

Filing a complaint

If you are not satisfied with our service or decision, you can submit a complaint. Read on to find out how to file a complaint and what to expect from us.

1. Contact us

  •  Please contact us. You can call us, email us or send a letter.
  • Indicate clearly why you are not satisfied. 
  • If, for example, you do not agree with a decision regarding your pension, please tell us why you disagree.

2. Our reply

  • If you call us, you often get an answer right away. 
  • If you send an email or a letter, you will get an answer within 20 work days. 
  • Sometimes we need more time. In that case you will be notified when to expect an answer.

3. You do not agree with our response

  • Please contact us. You can send us an email or a letter.
  • If you disagree with our decision, you can appeal it. Please direct your message to our Appeals Commission (Commissie van Beroep). 
  • If you are not satisfied with our service, please direct your message to our board of directors.
  • Indicate clearly why you disagree.

4. Follow-up

  • The Appeals Commission (Commissie van Beroep) will reply within 4 months.
  • The Commission sends your appeal to the pension fund, which must respond within 2 months. You will receive a copy of their response.
  • The Commission will reach a verdict within the next 2 months. You may be invited to explain your point of view, or you can request to do so yourself. In that case, the Commission will reach a verdict within 2 months following that meeting. 
  • The pension fund must respect the verdict reached by the Appeals Commission. 
  • A service complaint is processed by our board of directors within 4 weeks.

5. Pensions Ombudsman

If you feel you have done all you can, but you still disagree with our response or with the verdict reached by the Appeals Commission, you can consult the Dutch Pensions Ombudsman, or Ombudsman Pensioenen.

6. Court

If you disagree with the verdict reached by the Appeals Commission or with the advice given by the Pensions Ombudsman, you can go to court.