By default, your pension starts when you reach your AOW age. You can, however, retire early. The earliest possible moment to take your pension is when you reach the age of 55.
- We will calculate your monthly allowance.
- There is no obligation. You have not made a final choice yet.
- Apply for your pension 3 months before your pension date at the latest.
By default, your pension from PME starts when you reach your AOW pension age. You can, however, retire early. Pension consultant Arjan de Beurs will tell you how it works in the following video:
In our pension scheme, your pension starts when you reach your AOW pension age. This is the so-called pension age. You can, however, retire early. Contact us if you would like to retire early.
The earlier you retire, the lower your pension will be. That makes sense:
- If you retire early, you do not accrue the same pension as someone who works until the AOW pension age.
- If your pension starts early, your pension payments will be spread out over a longer period of time.
You can retire before you reach your AOW age. There are also other options:
- You can get a higher pension in the beginning. You will get less pension afterwards.
- You can take partial retirement and carry on working part-time.
- You can replace partner pension with additional pension for yourself.
Read on about your options upon retirement.