What do the new rules mean for you?
Nothing changes for you right now. The pension agreement has been discussed in the Dutch Lower House. This is followed by the legislation process, which will take at least another year. PME will subsequently prepare for the implementation of pension reform.
We expect this pension reform to enter into force by January 2027 at the latest. The planning can be found below.
- Legislative proposal new pension law
- Approval of the Senate and House of Representatives (postponed until early 2022)
- 30 March Legislative proposal for Future of Pensions Act submitted.
- September: discussion of the legislative proposal in the House of Representatives has started.
- PME is taking stock of what needs to be done to implement the new pension rules in its pension administration.
- Based on the legislative proposal, employers and trade unions are discussing your new pension scheme.
- Approval required from the House of Representatives and the Senate. The new pension rules will not apply until after this approval has been given.
- The new pension rules will probably take effect on 1 January 2023. Employers and employees make concrete agreements about your pension scheme. PME continues its preparations. We can now tell you more about your new pension scheme.
Pension funds implement the new pension scheme:
- PME aims to start the new pension system in 2025
- All pension funds in the Netherlands must have introduced the new pension system by 1 January 2027 at the latest.